View Single Post
Old 2007-07-08, 17:35   Link #37
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I do indeed like this opening quite a bit over the first season's. One thing I must say though: I didn't even recognize Guiche until the final shot of him with Tabitha, Kirche, and Montmorency. Did he always look that cool? Or am I just totally misinterpreting this? Must be the sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I'm comparing with the other J.C.Staff shows, such as Shakugan no Shana and most importantly Honey & Clover. The latter very pleasantly surprised me and put J.C.Staff forever on my high respect list. Perhaps they had different groups working on different shows, because the quality frequently jumps around.
I actually didn't like H&C's animation all that much at all. I blame the overuse of Hagu's SD face...I just couldn't take her character seriously at all, and that ruined it for me. Luckily Morita and Mayama redeemed the show.

I agree that SnS probably does have better overall animation than ZnT, though. JC Staff's animation quality does seem to change depending on the show, so they probably do have different groups working on each show.