View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 18:48   Link #508
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Sai could have become enraged during a fight without having to resurrect his boring pointless brother. and theres also no need to have said boring pointless brother have a happy ending, since the readers barely care about him, if at all. i sure dont
It was about Sai and not his brother. My interpretation of Sai's whole condition of not having feelings was that it was largely caused by the trauma that he suffered when he had to fight his brother. Think of it as some kind of mental defense mechanism that saves one from becoming insane. Of course it was never explained in detail, left for our interpretation. So when meeting his brother his emotions came back, as if Sai was resurrected, and of course after this he becomes a very valueable and strong ninja of the alliance which is quite the cliche, but i liked this "happy end".

Quote:
sasori was a full on villain. i dont see why a happy ending for him was necessary or desired. kankuro advanced way too quickly to be on sasori's level already. that made no sense.
He's not on Sasori's or Chiyo's level. But he had people to help him, not fighting alone as Sasori always did. Also i didn't expect much from a puppet master who doesn't have any puppets, i mean Kishimoto didn't even give him any puppets when he was brought back as a zombie. But again in my interpretation the way he let himself be killed had to be somehow explained. We already knew what led him to become a villain, and how he wanted to escape his despair over losing his parents by becoming a puppet that doesn't have any feelings. When he let himself be killed by his parents - and knowing how Chiyo did plan ahead to use the puppets of his parents - it was made clear that the puppets of his parents got to his inner human core that was inside the puppet and he realized that his life turned out to be a failure, because his goal of becoming perfect by becoming a puppet failed. So i interpreted that as being both a suicide and also accepting that he is human after all. But when he talks to Chiyo before he dies he doesn't acknoledge that, so his talk with Kankuro is a nice closure to his story.

Quote:
true, but it still doesnt require the fans to sit through a boring fight when an interesting one was possible. i agree that gaara is a big enough character to keep developing like this and i actually like the base story of what happened with his father here and the resolution of his mother's feelings, but like i've been saying. make it interesting, especially if they are fighting already anyway. itachi was testing sasuke in their fight and that was an awesome fight
I don't agree with it being a boring fight because there was no fight at all
I think that i also complained about Gaara's father losing so easily when reading that in the manga, but later when we see the whole picture it turns out that having half or even an entire chapter of fighting between them would be pointless. The anime team could have added a few new moves to make it more interesting, but when they try they usually add just really boring an unimaginative stuff, so it's better if they don't add any filler fighting.

Kishimoto never explained how strong the Edo-Tensei zombies are exactly, so he can make them as strong as the plot needs it. But in this episode they say that their bodies are moving on their own, so one can assume that being on auto-pilot is not as effective as having the ninja fight with his own will controlling his body. If we look at it that way then we can just say that the 4th kazekage's fast defeat was Kabuto's failure to control all these ninja simultaneously.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-01-28 at 18:58.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote