View Single Post
Old 2010-06-13, 10:54   Link #228
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

i read all 12 pages and couldnt resist, so i wanna ask what electric guitar and amplifier i should buy

prices are in sgd

i have 2 cheap guitars, 1 acoustic, 1 classical, the acoustic was $200 and classical was $135.
i have 2 months of experience and know the basics. i play any type of songs so i prefer a all-rounded electric guitar, although i prefer the fender stratocaster because of 'you-get-what-you-pay-for' attitude. budget is not a problem either, since i go through 6-8 hours of hard labour (school), i can save half of my allowance which is $15 everyday, so $7.50 5 days a week in a month totals up to $150 = 9-10 months of saving.

and mainly the reason of me getting an electric guitar is because i tried powerchords, hammer-ons,pull offs, palm muting on normal guitars, the sounds didnt come out as i expected, esp power chords.

so tl;dr
what brand and type of electric guitar and amplifier should i get?

ps. if its fender stratocaster, i read the MIJ fender stratocaster is better than any other fender stratocasters out there. if it is true, i would like to find out the differences.