View Single Post
Old 2012-02-15, 10:16   Link #146
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I'm hoping that haguruma can provide the original text. I think it's not so much a nickname as it is her "pen name". It's common for artists and authors to adopt such a name, so it's not necessarily sinister for Kirika to use one.
Mei also said that (I don't remember in which version of the story it was, but it's not what you'd call a spoiler) the name Kirika (霧果) also applies to how she sees herself. She is such a nebulous (霧=fog/mist) person who keeps things about herself hidden.
We can very well assume that she is using Kirika as a pen-name and has another name. But there's no real need to assume that the family-name Misaki is fake...and that makes it rather unlikely for any person carrying it being a "Misaki" by given name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
So...why don't they make copies of all the class rosters, drive them out of town, then re-check them at the start of the next year when the Another has appeared to identify him/her?
It would be a trick, but it's questionable how far that would actually work. As people already mentioned it has been established that the curse has something similar to a cellphone-range...it grows stronger the closer you get to it.
Now we also have reason to believe that phonecalls fall victim to the curses effect as well...thus probably even if people were to notice something strange on the outside of town they'd maybe gradually forget the closer they get to Yomiyama.
If we assume that Kouichi's conversation with his father was changed because of the curse, a conversation about the class rosters would probably result in a similar situation:
"Hey, I think I found out what you're looking for!"
"Really? What or who is it?"
"*static*static*static*...is it."
"What?!"
"Oh sorry...must have been wrong."

And we shouldn't forget, what are they supposed to do once they know who that "Another" is? Even if they knew, what would change if that person is basically living as another human?