View Single Post
Old 2009-08-07, 10:44   Link #1361
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Not quite, Kira's victory over Rey was circumstantial. It's unlikely he'll be able to get such openings with every future enemies. Also, both CE series have shown that neither Kira nor anybody else is unbeatable. Furthermore, beating someone once does not mean you'll beat them the next time, and that goes the same for everyone, including Kira.
Would you agree to that with your life on the line? I’m not saying no one in the galaxy can beat Kira, I’m saying (based on GSD’s depiction of him) no one in the galaxy can believable beat him…I won’t believe it…Based on my time here, I’m sure there are many who would agree…

Quote:
As this is a work of fiction, and the CE universe is big enough, new characters of varying skills and/or technology can always be introduced.
Yes we saw that with Stargazer which wasn’t half-bad, but the movie WILL revolve around Kira and Lacus (if it ever gets made)…What in Sunrise’s makeup would have you think otherwise (and that’s ignoring all the evidence put out their by Fukuda and his wife)? They are going to cash that movie out Kiracus style and you know it…

I think that will pretty much encompass all your points, because I don’t have any faith that this movie will examine some niche characters or circumstance that doesn’t involve Kira and Lacus…And to ask someone to beat them now based on GSD, would be unbelievable…

Quote:
And 00 is free to take that or any other gimmick it wants without affecting SEED's future. After all, they're already sharing the mecha gimmick, kid affected by war gimmick, clone gimmick, just to name a few.
But that isn’t my point…The alien gimmick would be all GSD has left since it’s exhausted it’s world in-terms of technology and piloting skills of 2 people verses the entire universe essentially…Bottomline, to see Athrun or god forbid Kira easily bested would have no believability based on what has been done…You can suspend your disbelief, I guarantee you many won’t be able to…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras
Why would you have a shitty anime in your com?

So you can argue about it. Duh...

Unless if you are telling all of us that you have a photographic memory of what exactly happened in Destiny for all 50 episodes, INCLUDING clip shows and such..

In that case, what happened on 3:42 at the 25th episode of the series?
The $hitty anime on my comp, that was more an attempt at a touche' moment my friend...

As for the rest, I’m telling you that it has been 4 years since this show aired and while I find it to be by far the worst Gundam show ever I still remember many of the hundreds and hundreds of debates I had within the freshness of it airing here on animesuki…I’ve have dissected this show with the accuracy of an overzealous lab-teacher on frozen frog day…There are certain sensibilities about the show 4 years later that are so woven in my mind I don’t need to go back and review anything…I guess you weren’t here but I was and I remember the $hitstorm…I stood in the apex of it…Search Function your heart away to 2004-05 episode discussions and you will see indisputable proof of my efforts…

Quote:
And you obviously did not watch Destiny properly...or did not delve deeper into the surface.
For the love of God, you know nothing about me if you believe this…Destiny could not be watched properly…It is the first Gundam show to nearly get yanked off of the air 3 times because of production errors WITH IT’S SCRIPT…Fukuda himself called it the most disappointing work of his career according to an interview put on gunota following the series…

It’s themes while prevalent where schizophrenic in nature making it difficult for certain aspects to be taken seriously (Not that they still can't be argued)....It had the first intended main character in the history of all known literature to lose his main character status and reduced to a character who no longer could even effect or drive the plot in progressive manner (Name another one I’ll give you 5 tries)…What show do you think you were watching? A devotion to Kira or Lacus is pretty much the only ultimate pleasure that can be derived from this mess of an animated production… How can I take many of its deeper themes seriously when it could hardly manage it’s surface themes…

monstert can you please help me here and tell these people? I didn't delve deep? That's an embarrassing statement to me...

Quote:
Team Lacus achieved a flawless victory, yeah,
Right there, that’s the end of your argument…You 4tran and Neku choose to take some Pollyanna stance on this show and accept the unbelievable and un-engaging flawlessness in which they win this show…I wonder why…I WONDER what all 3 of you have in common?

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-08-07 at 10:56.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote