View Single Post
Old 2008-02-05, 13:17   Link #161
Billkwando
Fanschlubber?

Send a message via AIM to Billkwando Send a message via Yahoo to Billkwando
Thanks for the helpful replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
press enter after finishing a line? (assuming you're on the last line)
or right-click -> insert (after) might also help.
I noticed I can't find the option that makes it advance to the next line after commit. Is that a feature of 2.1.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
You shouldn't have any reason why to fear upgrading. The 2 alpha releases are fully compliant with ASS, the same that 1.10 used, so really, there's no reason apart from the fact that the alpha versions are well, not yet "stable". However personally I haven't gotten a single crash lately with the latest release...
I've been hearing that it's ok to upgrade. Thanks for the reassurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
As mentioned, use 2.1.0, it actually has less problems than 1.10 does.

Anyway the solution to your problem is to turn off autoscrolling. This is done by clicking the green button to the right of the pause button below the video area, so it turns red. You can do the same with the audio, it's button number 17 in this screenshot: http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Au...ain_audio_view
Yeah I "found" auto-scroll (the video ver, not audio) not long after posting here, so thanks for helping! Now I know how to do both.

I've been doing it by watching the video and hitting the buttons that start and end the line in synch with the current frame of video.

I have some other questions but I'm going to try to round them up in my head first.

On an off-topic note, is there a way to find out if what I'm subbing has already been done? I'd hate to reinvent the wheel. I'm doing Hyde's Faith Live DVD (disc 1)

I'm 3 songs in after about 2 hours of work and learning. I'm hoping to turn it into a DVD compatible subtitle file so people can reburn the DVD with the subs.

Last edited by Billkwando; 2008-02-05 at 13:41. Reason: correction
Billkwando is offline   Reply With Quote