View Single Post
Old 2009-05-11, 17:46   Link #67
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ah~, so I heard. I don't really know why Garchomp is considered so broken though... Something to do with it's moveset?
I... understand Giratina. Event Pokemon so I can't get it though. Fuh...
Its everything about Garchomp, at first people assumed it was fine. Another 'legendary' 600 base stat pokemon with a 4x Ice weakness deal with it the same way you deal with the other 4x weak legendaries. Problem was it wasn't long till people realized it was bulky enough to survive Ice Beams, too many resistances or immunities despite its big weakness, faster than 3/4 of the stuff in the game and even had enough attack to even 2hko the Uber legendaries or 1hko with swords dance.

Plus it had the right moves to cover every single type in the game. So basically most teams ended up almost completely all Garchomp to the point where he was still being used twice as much as the second most used Pokemon. The pressure of knowing he could be played alone was enough to make people realize I need to be able to counter it or else I'm dead and there went two free slots in your party. One counter wasn't enough since one good prediction by the Garchomp user could already destroy it.

Ever since his ban teams have actually become more diverse which only solidified his ban even the current most used Pokemon Scizor has nowhere near as wide a gap in usuage compared to the 2nd or 3rd most used.