View Single Post
Old 2009-07-01, 20:28   Link #98
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I haven't read the VN (though slightly familiar with the series which is why I have been anticipating it), yet even I thought it was ridiculously rushed. I do know SOME spoilers, but nothing significant, and I've been interested in Umineko since it came out and have saved tons of fanart on my computer. I'm just too lazy to read it, cause I'd rather read it in Japanese and that would take (me) a long time. Plus, I like to watch adaptions prior to reading the original material, which I did with Higurashi. And Higurashi happens to be my favorite series so...

I was disappointed in the pace of the episode like most others. I was hoping for more out of all the characters... but I figure that I was just expecting too much out of the first episode.

I thought the OP was wonderful. I love Akiko TOOONS, thanks to lots of AT and AT2. It's also a relief to know that they'll be using (arranged?) BGM's from the game, seeing as I've listened to all of those too as I loved Higurashi's music as well. XD Umineko's is even more epic, I think.

As an end note, does anyone think it's a bad idea that I'd rather watch the adaption before reading the VNs themselves? I thought of reading them in correspondence to what's airing, but I'm sure I'd just get caught up in it and not stop reading... xD