View Single Post
Old 2010-10-13, 12:49   Link #1225
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Just finished watching the movie... wow!
What amazing quality. I really liked the story over all, and really liked what they did with it.
I understand that the anime was a different route.. more EmiyaXSaber stuff, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like the other route that the movie was most likely going to show but wow I really did.

I thought the animation was top notch and blew me away (I watched it in blu-ray!), I was really impressed with how smooth everything was and how detailed the backgrounds were. especially Illya's castle. It was amazing!

I do have some fan complaints such as the whole berzerker x gilgamesh scene and how badly it all played out or how fast it all went, and especially had some bones to pick with the next scene but I can't really complain because I never played the VN so I am just going to assume that its how it actually goes. I thought berzerker should of put up a vastly better fight having god hand and what not. Besides that I actually really enjoyed the fight scenes and actually prefer most of them to their anime counterparts. I really felt the power of unlimited blade works in this film as opposed to the anime where archer was a wimp and chucked plastic swords at berzerker inside his theme park unlimited plastic toys.

I really like how they did the love story in this, they kept it subtle and didn't really emphasize but at the end of the day the viewers knew not only what was going on, but how deep and how strong the bond was. I guess it makes it easier if there isn't anybody contesting for them. Sakura was a no-show and saber never had any personal screen time which most likely made it easier!

all in all I am ALL about the UBW right now and can safely say it is one of the finest pieces of art I have ever seen. My standards are that if I can pause, take a screenshot and be willing to put it as my wallpaper (1680x1050), then it passes my inspection as amazing animation. I am really picky about animation and quality, and hate any type of pixelation. I can't even watch anime at like 800x600!, its too low!

just posting to let what I thought of the movie out.
Angelic is offline   Reply With Quote