Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-11, 16:55   Link #457
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
^^ Remember, in last week's episode, they said that the match organizers had trouble finding enough readers to have a different reader for every match. I don't know why the tournament organizers made that decision. (I don't think the episode said.) But once the decision was made, I guess that they had to take everyone who was a qualified reader regardless of historical connections to the players in order to meet the minimum number of required readers. Sounds to me like an idea that looked good on paper but didn't pan out quite like the organizers had hoped. It happens.
About it I related that decision to the fact that more experienced players could recognize the little differences an official reader unwillingly put reading similar cards (with the same first syllables). Experienced players plays many tournaments, but the number of official readers seems/seemed to be small. So I thought that was a way to make matches fairer. But they didn't take in account the disadvantage inexperienced readers could have caused to experienced players due to their inexperience. So all in all I agree that the idea looked good on paper, but less in practice, even if Sudo did a good job I think.
On the other hand, plot-wise, in that way our Kana-chan will have more chances being a reader in this century. I remember that she noted how long it would have taken her becoming a reader. Don't remember the details, you should be an A-class at least, but I remember that the reader in that episode was an old woman

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote