View Single Post
Old 2013-09-21, 14:46   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I get the argument that it would have been better to save the big Monokuma/mastermind reveal for the final episode, but there is a trade-off here.

By making the reveal now, you get a bit more time to showcase the mastermind behind the Monokuma mask. Having the main antagonist reveal herself, and presumably get defeated, all in the same last episode, would probably leave her having less of an impact than she ought to. Hard for a villain to look cool when they're going down to defeat right after they take center stage.

By doing it this way, the real Junko gets a bit of spotlight and a nice cliffhanger moment before she presumably gets defeated in the finale.

I also will say that I love how Makoto went about deducing who the mastermind is. He did some impressive Detective work in this episode, to the point of outshining Kirigiri (to be fair, Kirigiri was clearly numbed a bit by confirming the death of her father).

Monokuma's final episode as the Mastermind's mask was also a good one for the bear.
It was nice... but I don't know why he didn't open all nine drawers and identify the corpses.