View Single Post
Old 2012-11-16, 09:55   Link #469
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm really not sure about that, there's been a lot of cases where good stories were completely ruined by bad adaptions, and the hands of the anime studio that do them generally has a deep impact on the result.

It doesn't matter how good a story is, it will suck if it's badly executed. I think this holds particularly true for JoJo, because its appeal isn't really about what happens as there isn't anything particularly original in that, but about how it happens. JoJo is all about its absolutely bizarre and fabulous style.
I couldn't agree more. The reason the anime adaptation has been so enjoyable so far is that David Production has managed to play on Jojo's strength with the use of colors, onomatopoeia, the over the top acting and the fabulous poses. They have managed to capture the essence of Jojo. Other studios might have handled it very differently and we could have ended with a bland and dull product in spite of a better animation quality.

Style and execution are incredibly important when it comes to Jojo. Take that away and it's not Jojo anymore.