Thread: Licensed Scrapped Princess
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-17, 07:06   Link #15
Lambda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-10A
This anime is really nice..... i had the same reaction watching evagelion..... i wonder if the creator are the same......
Nope. I really don't think Gainax (the creators of Evangelion) would be capable of making something as conventional as Scrapped Princess, they'd probably get bored before they even finished the first episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Stilo
There seems to be strong bonds between some characters but it isnīt really shown how these bonds are established.
Perhaps such things are explored more fully in the novels, but were excised from the anime due to time considerations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::faze
I thought that Scrapped Princess felt a lot like an RPG and I thought, so many times while I was watching, that I might have been derived from an RPG or would make an excellent RPG, hehe.
I take it you actually mean "D&D-type RPG" rather than just "RPG" or something like that. Since generally, RPGs can have pretty much any setting, storyline and feel, "feels like an RPG" is something of a meaningless statement.

I felt Scrapped Princess to be about as good as you can get without doing anything particularly interesting. My preference is for genre-busting, cliche-busting experiments, Scrapped Princess is as as good as something can be for me without being something of that nature.

Don't like Last Exile though. All those long flying scenes bore me.
Lambda is offline   Reply With Quote