View Single Post
Old 2009-10-28, 15:08   Link #55
marvelB

So... anyone's seen the other pics yet? Sentoumaru notes that the plan to corner the pirates has backfired since Whitebeard had ordered for all the crews to spread out all over the place. It also seems that the PX army is attacking indiscriminately, since Whitebeard says that they're willing to take casualties. But I think my favorite line is Moria telling the 10th division commander that he doesn't care which side wins as long as Whitebeard dies. I guess this means he's planning to abandon the Shichibukai, as well.....?

By the way, the Buggy interview is as awesome as ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Err no. A lot of people could beat Blackbeard. Heck Mihawk could easily own BB. His ability to absorb the damage is his weakness. You think any of the 3 admirals would have trouble? Doubt it. Ace almost beat him.

Blackbeard's strongest weapon isn't his DF power, but "fate". No matter what happens to him, fate will always make sure that he succeeds in the end..... at least, until his final confrontation with Luffy, anyway. That's why he's able to survive trials like being poisoned at Impel Down.....

However, having said that, I still think that Blackbeard was never in any danger of losing to Ace, fate or not. Remember, Teach has several years' worth of experience over him, even before he ate the darkness DF. Plus, both Ace and Whitebeard were already warned about how dangerous a character Blackbeard was from the get-go. Also, when you factor in all the build-up the guy's had since way back during the Drum arc, I don't see how Teach wouldn't end up becoming one of the most dangerous pirates in the sea......