View Single Post
Old 2010-01-05, 18:31   Link #6567
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
do you really find no problems with the "blind luck based" result ?
i mean really...
I explicitly stated that I don't think the last arc is perfect.
Just that the flaws don't bother me nearly as much as they do you, and that I don't go around digging for non-obvious ones.

Quote:
its not like the powers that be are just having fun by playing around with lelouch for the hell of it
they are trying to teach him a moral lesson, which he repeatedly refuses to learn
stop being a douche
Maybe because life also tends to screw him over when he's just learned his lesson?
Take the Euphie thing, for example. I know you think Lelouch was being a horrible ass there, which is true, but he realized that in the end and acknowledged defeat. Looking at how screwed up and revenge-focused he's been for the longest time, I think that was all that anyone could have asked of him.
And what happens?
A cute little massacre. Great way to teach a boy with enough issues as it is a lesson. It's like seeing a child run towards a hot plate after having been told that that's bad, waiting until it stops and realizes its mistake, and then shoving it into the oven.
Now, the child is not a moral agent and can not be blamed for its actions to begin with, but the method of teaching is about as and humane and effective. Not to mention Lelouch has been screwed over enough in his life to deserve some leniency.