View Single Post
Old 2009-07-23, 01:22   Link #1266
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It was painfully predictable, for several episodes before the conclusion, that Dullindal would be going down and going down hard at the hands of Kira and Lacus. That predictability makes Dullindal the classic antagonist - i.e. destined to lose.
True, if you qualify Kira and Lacus as the protagonists in Destiny.
But isn't Shinn too, the protagonist? Just because his side was opposed and won over in the end, doesn't necessarily strip the fact that he is, still one of the main characters. One of the leading characters (yeah, and this is coming from someone who utterly hates this moronic bastard).

..which is why I'm saying that Destiny really does not follow the definite black and white. Everyone is merely fighting for their beliefs. Perhaps what would make Durandal an antagonist, would be his trait of a villain.

Quote:
Kira and Lacus were also presented in an uniformly positive light - which came across to me as a very heavy "*hint,hint, nudge,nudge* You're supposed to hate and root against Dullindal". Ok, fine... now give me a reason to hate him and root against him since you're so intent on making me feel that way. Dullindal giving a cherry cartoony presentation of the Destiny Plan, and subtle unsubstantiated hints that he may have tried to assassinate Lacus, is supposed to make me hate him?
You misinterpret.
I am not asking you to hate him nor do I have the intention to make you hate him. Durandal could possibly be the most well-written character in Destiny. Yet I am merely pointing out that, if there are villains in Destiny, Durandal would definitely be on the list.

As for the Lacus assassination attempt, I am as assured that he planned and directed it as you are assured that it might not be him. Let's keep it at that.

Finally, perhaps one more point you should know - I do not hate Durandal. I am merely pointing out.

Last edited by Neku; 2009-07-23 at 01:32. Reason: Rephrase
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote