View Single Post
Old 2010-02-02, 04:43   Link #1241
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Hoooo boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
What evidence against it you are talking about? Meta-Beatrice loving Battler? Or younger-sis-Beatrice loving Beatrice?
Meta-Beatrice is an entity composed of everything ever referred to as 'Beatrice'. Younger-Sis-Beatrice is the part that someone created to love Battler in their place, which is why Meta-Beatrice loves Battler to begin with.

Quote:
Are you overlooking the analogy of sis-Beatrice to 1967 Beatrice, Battler to Kinzo when it was Genji and Kumasawa serving Battler?
What on EARTH does that have to do with your theory? That scene is, as far as I know, just supposed to drive home the Battler = Kinzo thing even further than it already has been.

Quote:
Are you overlooking Shannon being Furfur but not Beatrice?
Furfur or Zepar. We don't know which is female.

In any case, Shannon isn't Beatrice. NO ONE is specifically a single Beatrice, although I believe that Shannon was the one playing witches with Maria on Rokkenjima and the one who signed the letters.

Admittedly, I have no real evidence for my theory other than "Shannon believes in magic" and "Shannon lives on/near Rokkenjima, and is thus in an easier position to solve the epitaph and find the gold, as well as dress up for Maria when she visited the island." In other words, it's a matter of convenience. But I don't go around shoving the theory in other people's faces. Not that you act like that, of course.

Quote:
Are you overlooking when someone asked Battler what kind of a girl he liked Ryukishi07 was using 18 years old sprite and his way of talking was precisely the way he talked with Kyrie when he said dirty thing (Read EP1).
Yeah, no. Ryu07 is incredibly lazy... remember how he used the 1985 Kinzo sprite in 1967? And the 1986 Natsuhi/Krauss sprites during their Thailand trip?

And what you're suggesting is that Kyrie created Little-Sis-Beato to love Battler in her place... and that she refers to him as "Battler-san" when they're in private.

Um.

Quote:
My theory can explain Umineko more completely (about who, how and why for EP1-6), told a better tale and without using stupid plotline like DID, natural disaster as what killed Battler in the end, and Beatrice killing Ushiromiya family because Battler did not return with a white horse. Unless I see a theory which can do better than mine, I would not switch side.
Oh lawd.

"I can explain Umineko perfectly!" is what you're basically saying here.

No, you can't. Not a single thing I've seen in your theory is conclusive. Not a single thing I've seen in any theory here is conclusive, but at least some of them approach some measure of sense.

If you want an alternative supposition, check out Renall's Love Killer theory.

Quote:
I have listed the clues from the game, how you interpret it relied on your initial ideas. If you don't accept Kyrie as Beatrice, then no matter what evidence I showed Kyrie caring Maria would be useless.

I am probably biased against DID, nonsense clothes changing and a mastermind who killed his or her family memebers only for money. You can call me irrational on that, but since these are regarded by me as stupid, third-classed plotline, that's why I detest them. Is it wrong to be against an anticlimatic, stupid or meaningless story?
First, just because Kyrie cares about Maria does not mean that she played witches with her, nor does it mean that she has access to ten tons of gold.

Second... well. Shkannon doesn't necessarily mean DID in the way most people are using the term. Kanon, for instance, could have died long ago, and Shannon could be impersonating him either out of respect, out of grief or to get double pay, or something else like that. (He would have had to have died before Gohda was hired, though, since Shkannon easily explains one of the mysteries in Notes from a Certain Cook.) Somewhere along the way, Shannon may have deluded herself into believing that Kanon is still alive or that her faith brought him back somehow... we do know that she believes in magic.

Shannontrice is classic DID though, if you go by the description of how she was created in Ep6. As for Shkannontrice... well, yeah, that's rather far-fetched.

Finally, the Rokkenjima Murders don't necessarily have to be because of Battler and the horse... rather, Shannon could be a part of a group of murders (read: the servants) and having only agreed to go along with them because of the rejection and despair she felt from Battler's disappearance.

It doesn't have to be about money... again, the Love Killer theory offers what I think is the best motive I've ever heard on this board.

Quote:
*snip*
The rest is just IT'S OVER GUYS, I HAVE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND, so I won't respond to it. But that's what you want, right?