Thread: Licensed Bakuman
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 18:24   Link #2692
Somnus
Eh?

Thanks again poisui, I love reading your early summaries. They make me look forward to reading the actual chapter even more.

As for my opinion on the "realism" of Bakuman, pezzie hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
Of all the things to nit pick this manga about, in which one of the characters built a whole company from the top down to beat another character's manga, your nit pick is that fans don't behave the way you expect?

I mean, I don't think it'd fly IRL either, but this is far, far from the most outlandish thing to come from this manga.
This is the ONLY instance where I had to strain my suspension of disbelief. I was really vocal during that arc simply because it felt way out of place with the setting Bakuman had so well established.

This arc, I'm enjoying completely and I have no qualms with it. The very fact that one of her conversations went that way means that I've already strayed from the typical "Hero speech" that instantly moves the hearts of the masses.

Bakuman is written creatively enough that we're able to enjoy watching two people grow up as mangaka in today's world. Really, if it wasn't for the slight and fun twists on situations every now and then I could just read an autobiography on Oda-sensei and achieve the same thing (which I have no desire to do, btw).

On the other hand, this manga has hit so many interesting topics and views along the way. Not to mention a very good insight into the manga industry (and slighty voice acting). I've got a new perspective to it all, and it's fun seeing people reference Bakuman in other threads to explain things.