View Single Post
Old 2012-03-30, 14:07   Link #28273
goldendust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You don't seem to understand what I am trying to say, which isn't surprising because what I am trying to say is pretty weird:

Nanjo is an accomplice; there's no doubt about that. He wasn't fooled into thinking some murders were fake. It's just that his motive for lying about them is based on fantasy.

It doesn't make realistic sense, but that's just how the stories were written.
So the motive based on fantasy?

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that a counter of Eva-Beatrice in EP3? That Eva-Beatrice plunged Kirie's motive into fantasy by saying that she as a witch controlled her since Kirie's motive for leaving was not to gather food.

That Battler needed to find a proof and make the correct deduction about Kirie's motive otherwise Eva-Beatrice as part of the witch side could still win due to upholding a part of the witch's illusion. The detective needs to also work out motive with clues, hints and analysis of character. In fact Will the detective has emphasized that point more than anyone.

Basically what you are saying that Nanjo's motive is pure fantasy. No different than if he were to be controlled by a witch.

I don't know, it just feels odd to base the motive on fantasy.
goldendust is offline   Reply With Quote