View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 17:52   Link #110
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as was said before, the most important thing about "disappointment" was to have expectations that failed to be met. Nisemonogatari was a sequel to one of the most popular anime of the last decade, and it took a slightly different approach than the first season. I suppose I am only surprised that it doesn't "rank" higher only because expectations were so high (but this may be partly because it's less fresh in people's memories right now). SAO is similar -- it was highly-anticipated and "hyped" by novel readers and had a premise that could have gone in a million different directions, and when it ultimately chose one direction that sense of "missed potential" struck a lot of people who hoped it would do something else.

It stands to reason that all the most popular shows of the year will also rank highly on the "most disappointing" list.
I definitely understand, it's just that I had an imprinted impression because the only people to post at the time were 100% for everything that was playing out, that's all. :3