View Single Post
Old 2013-05-11, 09:26   Link #57
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If Blackbeard does end up getting another fruit for himself, it'll most likely be a zoan just to make him complete in the sense of having all 3 classes of DFs. Perhaps Burgess is at Dressrosa to claim the mera fruit for himself. Or do you not want the mera fruit in the hands of the Blackbeard pirates altogether?
Frankly i don't want any of them to take it. When it comes down to it an enemy taking the fruit would just scream "personal vendetta" from Luffy; If an enemy takes the fruit, then drama demands that Luffy be the one to confront them and take them down. Just as he says he would never want to see Ace's power be used by someone bad, he would want to personally take beat down the villain that took it. And when it comes to the BB pirates, Luffy already has a vendetta against BB himself... Burgess and the others are for the rest of the crew to take down. I guess BB himself COULD take the fruit, but Luffy already has enough reasons to kick his ass since he partially blames BB for Ace's death itself; having the mera mera would just be rubbing salt into an already deep wound

No after loosing Ace himself, i think this is something that Luffy will come out on top of... he'll get the fruit and end up getting the chance to give it to someone else. First choice would be Sabo turning out to be alive and Luffy giving him the fruit; followed by Rebecca. Granted i could also see the scenerio where Luffy has to give up the fruit or something to save his nakama or something.

Quote:
Either way, I'm sure the marines wouldn't want that fruit falling into evil hands.
accept the marines have a rather loose definition of what would be considered "not evil"... With all the corruption in the Government and marines, the fruit could be given to someone really terrible. Someone like Garp would give it to someone good like Coby, while Akainu would give it to someone like himself.