View Single Post
Old 2009-08-06, 14:06   Link #2042
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Uwaa, what did the others do then? I mean, I can understand Yoshika, Lynette and even Luccini and Erica, but the others were among the more professional of the cast.
Sakamoto - Chiba Saeko, which is a plus point for her, but hrm... Even though she shows up quite frequently throughout the show, she doesn't really get much development herself.
Wilcke - She's alright, with nothing that outright annoys me, but also nothing that particularly interests me.
Barkhorn - Hrm. Needs more ass-kickery, less Miyafuji-fawnery. MUCH less.
Hartmann - Grar. Probably the most fanservice-y episode ever.
Clostermann - Most moe bonsoir ever. I alternated between liking her and not liking her every other episode though... I guess I rather like ojou-sama types. And meganekko.
Yeager - Doesn't actually do much in the series, actually. She needs a weaponry upgrade badly though... even if the bikini missile was effective in a way.
Bishop - Liked her above the waist... but her voice was rather too high-pitched, and the camo stockings were . Needs more determination and guts. And opp... Never mind. (Actually, I like her tie much more than the ribbons that just about everyone else seems to have...)
Juutilainen - Interesting character, bad new VA. Her voice annoyed me to no end. She was rather enjoyable in the side novels though.
Miyafuji - Nothing to say here...
Lucchini - Grar. No. I don't see why people like her.
Litvyak - Sanya sucks. Sorry. Attempting moe for the sake of moe is not moe. No, I don't know what I'm talking about either.

Anyway, one big problem is the whole 12 ep thing, so a lot of the characters just never got enough screentime. As for my favorite character, it'd probably be Katou Keiko, or Beurling. Katou just kinda walks around the base and talks to people, but since that section is written by IMHO the best writer on the SW creative staff... (and one of the most important)
I also rather like Miles' character design, but she doesn't actually get much screen(page?)time.

[/ramble]