View Single Post
Old 2008-10-10, 09:48   Link #584
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Wait till FT gets to chapter 500 before comparing it to One Piece. So far it's been pretty good and fast-paced and intriguing, but eventually it could also reach its "Enies Lobby" equivalent.
No one said FT won't surpass OP. But to always compare Chapter X to Chapter X instead of Chapter NOW to Chapter NOW is stupid. Fact is, WSJ and other manga companies base on the success of NOW, not later. Any manga that can reach 500 obviously already PROVED itself long ago that they have the readers to keep themselves in the running. You can't just GIVE a manga a 500 chapter shot at TRYING to become better, because you have no idea if all of a sudden it just plain SUCKS or if they cancel it. Look at Mx0. By FAR the most promising manga to be canceled bar none. Yet it still got canceled. Nothing is safe. You prove yourself WEEKLY, each and every time, not OH JUST WAIT AWHILE AND SEE WHERE IT GOES.

People like you are the kind of people who go "Oh if you let me have the same amount of time to work on a computer OS and catch up to Bill Gates, I too can make something as good as Windows" no no no you don't GET that kind of chance in real life. You get the time that is presented to you NOW. Mangas that are AHEAD of you EARNED their spots because they started BEFORE YOU. Those 400 chapters they are ahead of you show that they were at a 400 chapter HANDICAP where you COULD HAVE prepared better. Do we care if a NEW company making cars just goes "Give us ten years man, we will make our cars as good as honda!" NO we do not, we go screw you and buy a honda instead of something made in mexico that doesn't even run 10 km.

Which is why I'm clapping my hands this time and not bitching like the Gerard arc. This time it's good, it's interesting, I actually want to read on. Another thing to note is the details ever since the Igneel chapter have gone up lots. Igneel got the crappiest of all craps, and basically was drawn by a ten year old, but Zeref's chapter, and even the full body shot of Luxus was done very well. These few weeks, the art quality and the technique of making a certain character look awesome in full body shots or two pagers belongs to FT, not OP. Naruto and Bleach don't even compare, since it's just same old same old, though Naruto is more awesome than Bleach this week as well.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote