View Single Post
Old 2011-02-27, 09:02   Link #564
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

I think we should really read into the script more before we come up with new theories. Like Mentar mentioned, almost every line in this show is carefully constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
In episode 8, QB said that Homura has killed (not injured - killed!) _twice_ so far. Not once, twice. What was the second time? It wasn't shown so far.
You meant "first" time?

And yes, the term Kyuubee used was "killed". No other interpretation.

As for what the "new" Kyuubee said about himself when he showed up:

「替わりはいくらでもあるけど」

"Even though there are always replacements"

To me, the "replacement" there means Kyuubee's body. That makes me think Kyuubee actually works quite similar to MG - his soul exists in a separate form.

Quote:
Therefore, I'm really hesitant to believe that all too many iterations have happened so far, based on that. Of course, there may have been lots of different timelines where Homura had sieved QB without him knowing, and one can argue that QB's memory only spans THIS timeline, but... if you subscribe to this theory, then it's strange that _Madoka_ remembers. Unless it means that Homura and Madoka have met in _this_ timeline.
Kyuubee definitely only has knowledge of this timeline, assuming you believe:

1. Homura came from the future and she contracted with Kyuubee; and
2. He didn't lie when he said he knew almost nothing about Homura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'll kindly ask how you can explain the QB killing scene without Homura being able to stop time.Notably:
-The water that stops running as if time were stopped. (what other than timestop can explain water staying in midair?)
-Being able to hit a target with a dozen bullets simultaniously.
"Time manipulation" (時間操作) was what Kyuubee called her magic, so Mentar, sorry but I would also have to agree that Homura can stop time, otherwise that "manipulation" power of hers is quite weak.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote