View Single Post
Old 2008-01-21, 23:33   Link #72
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I agree that it felt odd how everyone just stood there and watched Pheles move to deal with Yuji. They are just floating up there and the others are just looking. As if the one lined descriptions of each of them were so piercing that they couldn't even move. Would have at least expected Shana to charge in there, since she'd been itching to take Pheles for a while.

Was surprising to find out that Pheles was using an avatar. But makes sense why not much happened most of the episode. Just holding back until her main body could arrive to take care of it. Besides got some interesting info.

I wonder how many times Shana and Kazumi are going to say they aren't going to lose. Just agree on a threesome or something and then you don't have to keep bringing it up. Both of you win and that's that.
I think Pheles needs a change of outfits. She's been wearing that one style for centuries it seems.

Agreed about the whole Shana/Yoshida thing. At this point, I don't care if either of them wins or loses because neither of them are interesting anymore. Shana was interesting at one point, but that ended a season and half ago when she turned into the 2nd Yoshida.

I wonder if anyone from that setting ever considered that there are more important things out there to worry about instead of some teenage crush?

I mean, hey, the world's precariously balanced, hinging on the whims of a group of revenge-driven half-insane Flame Haze on one hand and an equally insane group of monsters on the other side, and now BOTH sides know exactly where a certain Mystes that can tip the balance is.

What do you do?

You stay right in the middle of a fairly populous city, among the people you care about and want to "protect", and spend everyday agonizing in idiotic bliss about who's lunch you're going to eat...somehow conveniently forgetting the fact that your very presence in effect makes everyone you care about a hostage to be used against you.

It's one thing if an obsessive immortal woman nicknamed the "eternal lover" flies around searching for her love for centuries - people expect her to be singleminded and strange.

Is it any wonder that Pheles laughed at them when she first appeared?

I'm glad Hecate's finally back into the fray though. She was interesting, at least before she turned into a girl.