View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 14:51   Link #30
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Very evil indeed, but I think "idiocy" also works. He did pretty much everything he should have never done if he wanted to live a bit more in this ep
  • First denying his involvement in Hugues's death, and then mocking Mustang for killing Maria. Which probably only pissed Mustang even more, and also made Envy look pretty pathetic since she's alive and pimpin'. Mustang didn't even bother to correct him.
  • Admitting he was Hugues's muderer so defiantly. Bad idea, very bad idea.
  • Trying to fight head on with Mustang... he only remembered Lust's fate after getting charred a few times. Transforming against Mustang was dumb, though in the end it doesn't change much since Mustang can do pinpoint attacks
  • Taking on Hugues' form... he really wants to die, doesn't he?

I can't think of any other way he could have pissed off Mustang more.
That's the thing though, Envy always wants to piss off humans, to put them in distress, to make them show their ugly emotions. So as to prove that they are the inferior creatures he claims them to be and that he, an homunculus, is superior.

Though I definitely won't deny that he was way overconfident and severely understimated his opponent here.

Anyways, I'm surprised to see all the anime-only watchers cheering so blindly for Roy without being at least a little shocked with his current behaviour. You do realize he's torturing an opponent for pleasure? In that sense, he's no different from Envy at this point.