View Single Post
Old 2011-07-16, 13:29   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I really wish Disney wasn't the one doing this movie, because it means they're going to strip all the sex, nudity, gruesome violence, and fornication out of it.
Those were the best parts of the series.
Technically, this was supposed to be Pixar's first live-action film, but the production company realized they didn’t have the means to release a live-action film (at least not a big-budget action film), so Disney took over. But, many of the main workers on the film are Pixar regulars: Andrew Stanton (the director/writer of Wall-E and Finding Nemo) is directing and co-writing the film; Mark Andrews (director for the upcoming Brave) is the other head writer. Additionally, Jim Morris (producer for Wall-E, Up, and Ratatouille) is a producer; and Michael Giacchino (composer for The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, etc) will do the music. (Also a lot of technical work is being done by Pixar).

Not Pixar related, but author Michael Chabon is also one of the screenwriters.

So, there is a lot of quality behind this production, even if it is Disney releasing the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And yes... said country music was so weird I can only speculate that some executive idiot had seen a few minutes of Firefly and wanted to accentuate some connection (pretty princess + country-western twang).
The song was "My Body is a Cage" by Arcade Fire (performed by Peter Gabriel...who did the wonderful closing theme to Wall-E ). So, no country here...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote