View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 01:12   Link #814
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Basically, the rule for Visual Novel adaptations is that the character most central to the plot premise (and thus closest to the protagonist) will tend to be the final romantic partner, unless the show wants to make heartbreak a central element of the story (in which case a secondary character will usurp the first as closest to the protagonist, resulting in heartbreak both for that character and for the viewers that were cheering for her romance).

In this case, it was pretty telling to me that they chose a scriptwriter who is most famous for writing for writing romantic stories with lots of dramatic elements (ef, KgNE, the "famous" episodes of Shuffle, etc.). So, based on this and on what we've seen so far in the anime, my prediction is that the anime will go for a dramatic finale. I suspect that will include heartbreak as a central element. But, of course, as we already see, there are already a bunch of different angles they could play on, even if they do want to include this element. We'll see what they do...
Given such a track record, Chisato's chances kind of takes a huge fall as I assume majority of the heartbreak that has the potential to create a dramatic finale revolves around Chisato losing IMO. This also improves Mifuyu's chances as her becoming a actual rival would heavily increase the drama that would unfold.

Also I agree with the general rule for VN adaptions the female character which becomes involved with the MC as a consequence of the setting and premise is usually the romantic partner, which also explains why childhood friends who are always by the side of the MC is more often than not less likely to be the romantic partner in most VN adaptions.