Thread: Request Username Change
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 16:42   Link #763
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Indeed, hyphens are supposedly allowed. However, if you look just one page back you'll see that someone requested his name with hyphens, and if not allowed, without ; His name ended up being without them. Makes me wonder why... Are there several different moderators here doing the name change and each of them has different ideas on what is allowed and what is not..? I really doubt all those symbols you wrote as '' valid '' will be allowed though. Just because the forum software may let you use such username doesn't mean you can use one if it conflicts with rules.

Also btw kanji is not allowed. I'm pretty sure I or someone else asked this couple years back when I had joined the forum and I'm pretty sure I was told something along the lines that as the forum is in English, you're going to have to use an username that can actually be typed - Not one that people have to copy/paste to address each another. So if I wanted to use kanji I'd have to settle with using them in my title.