View Single Post
Old 2009-03-13, 14:31   Link #37
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i like the both types, the on i can't stand are the hot blooded ones.
I usually don't mind those types if they were more intelligent but somehow, those hot headed types are usually dumb or something so it's really annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard View Post
I started around 1991-1993, with our dear old mecha series
Well i like surely the serious ones male characters but the funny too, i hate the stupid ecchi one for example
But if you ask me what type of chara i despise surely for me is Leerin's type
Continuing to see that kind of person in rpg, manga & and anime began to annoying me deeply; the useless girl on a shounen type story, that is good only with words or moral support, that strangely have a big power and all people that she has around need to protect her; i'm pretty tired to see this type of chara or probably because for an action, adventure or shounen type story i prefer see always combat type chara (felli is combat, narki, the monkey little girl or the queen too), but surely i don't like chara as Leerin

Yeah, Leerin is really a cliche type but I'm actually find with those so it doesn't bother me much. The first type like that I encounter is from a JRPG named Lunar. It did not really both me much although that's probably the first time encounter them. Lunar 2 has the same type for the main heroine except initially, she owns everything in sight until her powers were sealed by the main baddy.

Actually, when I think about it, I never had much problems with cliche characters and I think that's because I tend to enjoy it for what it is and don't usually compare series with other series or games that much because if I do, I don't think I could enjoy it as much since I keep on seeing the similarity. It's similar to how Layfon is. He's actually quite cliche but I still enjoy watching him as much as all the other heroes in games or series.