View Single Post
Old 2010-02-20, 01:15   Link #59
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think the plummating sales and deep price cuts are a better indicator of how the japanese market is viewing ffxiii then gaming magazines which depends on ad revenue money.

[NSFW] http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...-a-damp-squib/ [NSFW]
Just felt I needed to step in to say that this sankaku article like pretty much all of them is full of half truths, spin and under-reported facts. The game sold over 1 million copies on day one and then immediately dropped off largely due to the fact that most people that wanted it already owned it and thus the demand was gone. It was actually quite expected for it's sales to nosedive and thus I doubt it has anything to do with any potential decision to greenlight an FFVII remake.

That said considering what I've seen of the FFVII franchises handling lately I'm not exactly keen on any more of it. It's also starting to become like One Year War sidestories for U.C Gundam...sure I love the franchise and that part of it, but they just keep piling up the entries into one area of the overall franchise while the rest of what's perfectly open for exploration is left to languish. The exception has been FFT and FFIV: The After Years.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote