View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 20:10   Link #377
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Sorry it took me so long to get to these. I've had a hectic week... OF BAKING A BONTA-KUN CAKE!!! *ahem* It's still not complete because it's my first time doing so much work, but when it's done, I'll share pictures. ^_^

Spoiler for Summer Cold:

Spoiler for Vacation:

Sorry I missed this question before. ^^; Actually, in the pictures with the colors, the background IS still white. (I grab the color to make sure I'm going to paint it right to get rid of the text, and the hex was FFFFFF which is solid white). I just grabbed the darker parts of the colors and when I blurred the bottom layer for the text, I made it that dark color, rather then hex #545454 like I do on the B&W pictures.

As for the fonts, I used 4 different ones over-all.

The standard font I used is "Anime Ace 2.0 BB"

In the above comics, look at the vacation page 2. "Wh-What's the matter, did something happen!?" is in "Comic Book Commando Bold Italic" and "Should've guessed he wasn't..." is in "Comic Book Commando Italic" The leading on Comic Book Commando is kinda messed up since it's a small font and photoshop automatically gives it a larger leading to compensate for it, thinking the letters would be on top of each other. So, in pretty much every single spot where I use those fonts, I decreased the leading. (Leading, with the 'lead' pronounced like the metal not the verb, is the space between lines of text)

Revisiting "Only You" page 2:

The "WH-" is the font "SF Slapstick Comic" with the leading adjusted to be larger, making the letter lower, on the H and smaller so that it's higher on the -, and I added a stroke on the blending options to outline the character. (Also, the follow up in that bubble, the "No way!" is back to Comic Book Commando Bold Italic, everything else on that page is Anime Ace.)

I can't remember if I adjusted the kerning anywhere... I may have done it on some ellipses, but I can't recall. (Kerning is the space between characters, ellipses are "...")

I believe I got all of my fonts from DaFont, if anyone's looking. ^^
Great job Fiesty! We got a nice collection of Colca translations ^.^...
So comic commando huh? Am so downloading it ^^..i love it!
You sound like a pro with all those editing techniques lol...
Its an awesome skill! Ya got SKILLZ girl XD...Lol

OMGOSH i gotta see that bontakun cake fiesty! Why ya make it?! birthday? ^-^!!