View Single Post
Old 2006-08-03, 12:01   Link #44
mangafanatic

I got to say-- I was really excited about this show after the trailer. It looked like it could have all the element necessary to make a really great psychological thriller, but the first episode was completely. . . unimpressive. I really, really wanted to plung into this show, but it just didn't happen. The reason for that are as follows:

1) What is just me, or where there these scenes where it almost seemed like the animation. . . froze? o.0 I mean, there was minor movement, but there was just no dialogue for no apparent reason. That was weird, and it cheapened the entire atmosphere of the show, IMHO.

2) The production values (in the driving scenes in particular) seemed really low. I mean, take a moment to look at the older brother's mouth in those shots. Now, yes, I do understand saving money on animating dialogue by using one frame for the open mouth and another for the closed mouth, but it looks like they didn't even bother to draw seperate animation for his jaw with the mouth open and closed. They just played with the shadow and the very tip of his chin. Again, it looked really cheap.

3) I guess the story just wasn't as gripping, even though this is, admittedly, the first episode, as I had hoped it would be. Naturally, I'll give it several more episodes to make my final judgments, but I'm feeling very luke-warm about this show, for the moment.