Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-08-26, 03:38   Link #8781
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
This is wrong on so many levels. Iran is quite far behind the US. In terms of somewhat modern aircraft, they have 20 F-14s, 40 Mig-29s, and 24 Mirage F1s. Rounding out their force, 65 F-4s, 60 F-5s, 17 Chinese knockoffs of Mig-21s, and between 5 and 24 of their domestic Saeqehs. Their army is a mix of western and Soviet era equipment, which is not a good thing. All it does is complicate their supply situation. They'd be far better off with one or the other. Sure, they'd put up a much better fight than Iraq, and probably be able to sink a carrier if they catch one in the Gulf, but when it comes down to it though, they have no chance of winning, just making winning costly for the US.
Aircraft aside, they have plenty of heavy rocketry unlike Iraq, which is nothing more than a few Scuds here and there. Their missile and rocket inventory are already enough to cover the Strait of Hormuz. I doubt they would hestitate to use nuclear warheads for the missiles.

Supply-wise, they don't really have much of a problem. A large number of their forces are either using Norinco CQs or G3 remakes chambered for the 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm rounds respectively, so supply wise they are no different from their NATO enemies. For close support they have AH-1 ripoffs, and they supposedly reversed-engineered US's TOW with plenty of recoilless weapons and such, so their anti-armour and support capability is pretty substantial.

Besides, they have proper parachute brigades, light infantry and commandos unlike the other ME countries. Defence and offense wouldn't be a problem : if they can make it difficult for Iraq to win the Iran-Iraq war, they can do the same for US today.

The only thing they have problem with is air defence. With the S300 I doubt even the B2 is able to pass through them during night raids.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.