View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 00:53   Link #2
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm actually loving the voice work in this show. This is really the first time I've been so enthusiastic about a Satou Satomi character. She projects her voice in ways that fit the character and the images so well.

And Nakamura Yuuichi has grown and grown on me as we get to ep5. He is really pulling off the subtle shift in Oreki's character. At first I found the character too depressive and pedestrian. But he has gradually revealed himself. I've just rewatched the first couple of episodes, and now I can see how Nakamura was working on this from the start.

Even Sakaguchi Daisuke -- whose similar sidekick character I loathed in Clannad -- is just terrific here, in my opinion. He keeps giving us glimpses of a fresh, real person.

But the VA who really does it for me in this show is Kayano Ai as Mayaka. I have never seen this type of character done with such verve and immediacy.

And Yuuki Aoi, Koshimizu Ami, Hayami Saori, Konishi Katsuyuki, Yukana, Irino Miyu, Hirohashi Ryou and others are yet to come (unless maybe I have not noticed the odd word from them before now).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.