View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 01:30   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Loved the dismissive smackdown by Houtarou's sister towards Irisu at the end of the episode.

"I'm the master (manipulator) now!"
"No, grasshopper. You have much more to learn."

Makes me wonder if Houtarou's sister will be the final antagonist. Wonder why is it so common in anime to have "I Mean Well" elder siblings that completely screw up your lives in psychopathic ways.

*burns your puppy alive*
"It's for your own good, young brother of mine."

With his sister's involvement in both major arcs, will she play one in the next one, and how so.

Cheers.
Seems like eldest siblings exist just to mess things up for the younger ones . For good, bad, or just to mess you up. Does make me wonder about Houtarou's sister though. Hard to know how much she actually saw coming in this whole series. I could read pushing him into the Classics Club as being a positive development for his person, but this incident just felt cruel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
This, and seems there's a lot of underestimation of how one can get really mad over what they think is petty. And not just here, but everywhere else I see discussion of this episode.
I can take that one. For whatever reason I got almost if not more upset than Houtarou himself about all of this . Maybe because I could see myself falling for that damn trickery and feeling like an idiot afterwards.