Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 06:04   Link #1967
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
I hate to be blunt, but I will...

In my experience, the reason females don't as for dating advice as much as males do is simple:

We don't have to.

We can go to a man in a club, bar, room, whatever, bat our eyelashes and take him home if we want. Not always, and that's a very broad generalization. I would never walk up to a stranger in a bar or whatever, but I know that I CAN if I ever choose to.

But if a male were to try to do the same thing, he's a pig, or whatever and will probably get slapped in the face.

I'm not saying it's right, but that's just how it is. Females get to pick and choose, males are busy trying to compete with one another to catch the eye of the females; it's animal nature, and humans are after all, animals.
If a girl doesn't wanna use her brain, then sure. Bat a few eyelashes and you peeps kinda follow, lol.
Animals if we let ourselves submit to base instincts, but we are more than our fellow living beings in the wild, give the species a little credit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Question?

It seems more guys ask advice on girls then girls ask on guys.

Why is that so? I would expect it to be equal.
Nah, most of my questions to guys go to the guys in my IRC channel with people I hang out with almost everyday, so it's just location for me. I'm also blessed to have some really good close male friends, so they're my 'mentors' so to speak on matters with dating, sex, male mentality and so on.
They're also awesome to flirt with and exchange in witty banter, lol.
So for a few girls, they probably already have sources outside of this website and here is heavily moderated too.
We like to chat, so mediums such as Skype or IMs work better ^^

That and the ratio here gender wise heavilly falls onto men, especially in the GC forum, so no, never gonna really get a balance.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote