View Single Post
Old 2010-09-15, 22:28   Link #77
Eater of All
NOM

Time sure flew.

Remember when, before the first season even began, people were already calling out K-On as a moeblob anime? Remember when Yui and the gang were inexperienced freshmen having their first concert? Remember when Azusa was first recruited and how she uptight she was back then?

In the blink of an eye, Yui, Ritsu, Mio, and Mugi are now graduating. K-On is ending. It's always a strange feeling, seeing something that's been with you for this past year moving on to its conclusion. Especially something this close.

K-On is ending. I don't know if there ever will be a 3rd season nor what it will be about, but even if it is over now, I have no complaints. Some, like Azusa, might want to shed tears as a tribute for this series, while others may be strong enough to endure it. Nonetheless, if we all can still look back and reminisce the fun times afterschool drinking tea and eating cakes, this series has already achieved its purpose. K-On will live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iketsu31425 View Post
but.. is it odd that I found this episode less sad then episode 20? Not 1 tear was shed over this one... Maybe I just grew to accept it? Idk.
KyoAni (and probably the original author) intentionally held back on the tearjerking for this one. To take a brick from MeoTwister's wall ():

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I enjoyed the fact that despite the possibilities of abject drama in a high school graduation, we see that even for these girls there is no need for excessively tearful farewells or all sorts of dramatic flair. While it’s not another day in school for them because it is their last, they still intended to make the most out of it. It’s an important day for obvious reasons. For a studio that excels in pushing the drama into your soul for full effect, the subtle presentation of its gravity without rolling you over with it was a great decision in order to let it gently come into the viewer until the moment they realize that… well…

“Oh.. so they’re graduating today…”

That’s probably slice of life at it’s best.

Last edited by Eater of All; 2010-09-15 at 22:39.