View Single Post
Old 2009-01-06, 14:59   Link #15
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelato_ View Post
I'm doing HC runs just for the HC reward items, then i'll try to get the ones from HCO. After that i'm probably just gonna do normal runs just to perm as much of the skills as possible. So basically i'm not really a hardcore player, bad moon is totally optional for me.
By that logic, wouldn't you want to do Bad Moon in order to get the Brimstone items? Those are a heck of a lot easier and quicker to get than the Plexiglass items from HCO.

Quote:
anyway speaking of references, the following is possibly my favorite:

"You're fighting an Irritating Series of Random Encounters

You're trying to walk from the front of the airship to the back, but you are unable to do so without being attacked by a series of 30 or 40 nearly identical nondescript enemies. Man, that's irritating."
Yeah, that's a pretty funny one. Lord knows I know that feeling from Final Fantasy.

Unfortunately it has been a while since that was new to me so it only earns a bit of a smile now. Lately the ones that make me crack up are in the Sea, but that's pretty new so I won't mention them to avoid giving up spoilers. There are some darn funny monsters at Madness Reef and the Octopus' Garden.

Incidentally, if there is anyone here who is starting to get tired of all the clicking, there is a wonderful tool that will allow you to automate parts of your run and can provide helpful links and tools while it opens a window in your browser for you to play in play in a relay browser. After 50+ ascensions I might very well be tired of this game if I didn't have a timesaving tool like this. This fan created unofficial program is called KolMafia. You can find a reasonably decent guide to use it here. Download the latest official released version here or get the latest daily build here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote