View Single Post
Old 2010-03-05, 09:29   Link #6
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
He's hilarious but I also love underneath that silly side there is a more serious/darker side to his character. It will be interesting to learn more about Kida's past as the series progresses.
Indeed. I loved him right off the bat but was afraid he'd end up being too one-dimensional and used for comic relief only. So I was pleasently surprised when episode 5 came around and a much darker side to his character was revealed. Loved when he thought to himself "If I could help it, I'd rather not have him (Mikado) go near the darkness of this city. I also swore to myself I wouldn't go over to that side again."

His character is also pretty interesting because he sometimes acts so differently based on who he's around. He usually never shuts up when he's with Mikado but when Izaya joined them in episode 3, he instantly became very meek and introverted. And in episode 5, when he was surrounded by bullies, he seemed downright fearless. Which is why I suspect he might have some power and skills like Shizuo's strength or Izaya's knife handling.

So yeah definitely one of the characters I'm looking forward to learning more about the most.