View Single Post
Old 2005-12-20, 22:43   Link #10
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I take it that the average length of each chapters are almost the same, right?
That's a tough one, when each chapter is this long, you can't really tell if one chapter was longer than the other at the end, just that they were all "pretty long".

But the chapters are all split into intervals and breaks, after every 2 interval is a break that allows you to read new "tips" that you have received. The interval lengths are all pretty consistant across all chapters, I think.

Assuming that, I checked the number of interval (or maybe it's breaks?) there are for Onikakushi using scenario jump mode (a new option available once you finish reading a whole chapter once), and compared it to the other chapters. Onikakushi is somewhat shorter than ones like Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi (Onikakushi had 15, both Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi had 21). Himatsubushi was really a "side-story", so it's the shortest chapter (it had 10).

The "Kai" (answer) chapters so far are all pretty long as well, Meakashi had 27 intervals, while Tsumihoroboshi had 26.

I'm not sure if the length of intervals are really consistant across all chapters, but I'm pretty sure that the 2 answer chapters were certainly longer than the earlier chapters.

======
Speaking of Tsumihoroboshi, I finally finished it yesterday, that means comment time! (Even though close to nobody would be able to respond to me )

First, general comments. I'd just like to say that Tsumihoroboshi was truly the best chapter yet. I finally understood what Ryuukishi07-san is trying to get at with his "same world, alternate result" thing (For example, how Onikakushi-hen was actually a "failed result"). The key does lie in Rika after all (and Keiichi)...

Also, I have always noticed that Ryuukishi07-san always builds up his story in a subtle fashion that leaves you wondering "where is he going with this?", and then totally floor you when the pieces fall together during the second half of the story; but Tsumihoroboshi truly pulled this off more brilliantly than any other chapter.

The amazing part is how the stories are almost self-conscious, Ryuukishi07-san seems to know exactly what I would think as I read the story, and wrote the story out in a way that would always explain any doubts that I might have had. Everytime I saw something that stroke me as "alright, this time, that's just too unreasonable to work in the story", the story would always strike back with a response that makes me go "oh my god, so that's what's it's about!!"

Now, for some comments about Tsumihoroboshi, I won't make any explicit plot references, so it shouldn't really spoil the story, but just in case, I'm putting them in spoilers:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2005-12-21 at 01:47.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote