View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 16:13   Link #436
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Oh please do stop, I just ate and I'd like to keep the food inside my stomach for a while longer.

Who are we trying to fool...they are going to make it all about friendship anyway, remove Love Love Hunters (one of the funniest parts in the VN) and everything remotely romance related and then make it so that Riki AND Rin start noticing the loops, that way Riki isn't the only one and romance can be avoided with Kurugaya wishing that her time with friends never ends...blah blah blah...

There goes my lunch...
From the comments you guys are making I can't tell whether or not you hate J.C Staff because they might not animate the Kurugaya route, or you hate them because they are going to anime the route lol.

While it seems like the route cannot function without romance, the same worries were shared when any VN had multiple heroine routes. The common way of doing it, and the way J.C Staff is doing it, is having the main heroine as the love interest while the MC simply helps the other heroines sort out their issues. Kyoko Animation did it with all of Keys other works, White Fox did so with Steins;Gate, and J.C Staff is doing the same with Little Busters.

Honestly speaking its for the best that they remove the romance elements from the story. From the various reviews I've read of the series its a general agreement that the Common Route and Refrain were the most enjoyable parts, while the romance was a mixed bag. If they actually did include the romance for each route it would kind of ruin the friendship theme, and it might have given the show a "Harem anime" feel to it which doesn't sit right with me.

TL;DR: What I'm basically saying is that this is an adaptation, not a rehash of the visual novel in moving picture form. There needs to be compromises in order to fit 60+ hours of content into a meager 26 (Or 52 when they do a second season) episodes. Some of my favorite scenes have been left out, while I am disappointed about it, I can understand that J.C staff needed to cut some scenes in order to fit the important ones.

TL;DR of TL;DR: The route will most likely have no romance, its necessary, please try to get over it.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2013-03-25 at 16:30. Reason: Some parts of comment more scathing than I intended.