View Single Post
Old 2007-09-04, 06:22   Link #37
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

That was actually pretty good. Sure, it was predictable, and I'm not going to argue it wasn't trite compared to the novels (since I haven't read them), but this is the best ZnT (the anime) has done at portraying genuine drama in either series. But, this is how it should be done... if they're going to do drama, they should devote an entire episode to it rather than interspersing comic relief throughout as they were in previous episodes. I'm not willing to forgive all of this sequel's flaws on the back of just this episode, but I do consider it a highlight in the overall scheme of things, and I don't think I'd have complained as much if we had this sort of stuff earlier in the series.

Agnes' arc didn't have to take this many episodes, though.

And to echo what others have said of the war, you'd be willing to forgive anyone who forgot that there was supposed to be a war in this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I don't know if it can be considered as the worst (as Nanoha strikers is a utter fail in term of sequel too). But like I and Darknemo said, the war is completely unexistent.
I'd say StrikerS is much worse than this, but that's because I'm at least somewhat partial towards a few of ZnT's characters. But StrikerS is one of the most soulless anime I've seen. Although, I have only seen what's been subbed, and reports state that it gets better... but I'll believe it when I see it.