View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 08:05   Link #104
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

To be honest, with the OP, and the talk about marriage... I think its a given. In the Novel while it was more sudden, because majority was left to imagination till the number of SAO SS that were written afterwards, their relationship is still one of my favourites that are canon. And the anime does do it more justice by having the build up from acquaintances to friends to lovers. While in vol 1 they skipped the transition from friends to lovers, as it was implied that they already had feelings for one another, just no build up. Still a very enjoyable relationship to read and watch about regardless.

Although Murder in the Area in the novel handled the starting of Asuna's stronger feelings better than the anime. She is visibly more tsun in the novel while the anime gives off the she cares for him vibe, it hasn't shown the "I want him to like me to" vibe.

I don't remember them adding each other as friends in the novels at all, I kind of assumed that they added each other somewhere amidst the floor clearings.