View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 12:10   Link #86
Kamel

This chapter upset me, up to this point he was mentally strong, he had to be to live the life the way he did, so it was all the sadder to see him like that. I kind of understood his reaction in relation to who he was at first, until he seen what seeing him like that was doing to his siblings. They were the most important thing in his life and yet even then he couldn't do anything. No matter how realistic or unfair it is , the person who can't attempt to fight back in situation like that will never amount to anything. Sure they would beat him up anyway it's not a stupid shounen, but it was clear from the way it all played out that not doing anything was doing something much more terrible to him then the bullies possibly could. Answering some counterargument's I foresee:
No I don't think seeing him actually beaten up would be worse for the siblings, I don't think any other course of action of his could hurt them more.
The only argument I see is the one that if he got seriously injured his family would have starved, it's a bloody good argument unfortunately. I am just not sure, after seeing their spirits being irreversibly broken right then, which would really be worse.
Then gain, yes I wasn't in situation like that so probably I should shut up.
Kamel is offline   Reply With Quote