View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 21:24   Link #91
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
It would be ludicrous to think he'll able to compete with the 'monsters' that go to his school.
And who's to say we should expect him to?

You forget one thing about the lad and that is he doesn't want to fight, so why expect him to really go up against any of the "monsters" at his school.
From the very start, he doesn't want anything to do with fighting or the league and I'd hope it stays that way, him defying what is thrown at him makes the story different compared to the "reluctant lead taking part of whatever adventure is thrown at him"

Him wanting to get payback would be counter to what his character has been from the start and I'd see it as a rather big change in character.

And I certainly can't go along with peoples thoughts on only learning some basics in order to just defend himself, thats never the case.
If he ever gets involved in the fighting then he would be going all the way as I can certainly not see him taking lessons from one of the girls then stopping when he thinks he can defend himself.
If at any point he steps through the door of l"earning the arts" he'll stay on the that side, no going back.

Also in I'd say a good high % that if someone fought back in that situation, he'd more than likely get his arsed kicked in....unless he's got some sorta hidden rage power that lets him wipe the floor with the 3 guys but I suspect this isn't that kinda series(oh god I hope I'm not proved wrong on this)