View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 17:58   Link #476
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes but those are the special cases, not the norm.

And that's still dealing with only a single organization; try convincing the other three not to fire on you while you're charging your weapons.

To put it in another way, if the military can so easily believe and act on any information that comes their way first, what's stopping the bad guy from sending them false information?
Hey now, I was the one that admitted you have to suspend your disbelief --

But if you're going to go into a logic battle with me .. *puts on thinking cap* .. then bring it!

1) The Red Phone -- Major corporations, governments and the military always have secure channels within themselves and among each other to communicate these issues and cut through the bureaucracy.
2) Cost Benefit Analysis -- What's the cost of believing vs. the cost of not acting?
3) Magnitude of Response -- Tied to #2 and direct response to your query above, from past chapters we know Objects have weapons that are not meant to be used to fight other Objects but against conventional arms or infantry
4) Contingencies / Other Resources -- Even if you can't deploy another object all of these nations have other resources they could deploy. It's highly unlikely that with so many personnel to protect there isn't bountiful "conventional" military force to deploy in this instance
5) The very notification to each of these nations of a potential 3rd party attempting to provoke global war .. would already defeat it's point. It was a terrible plan to begin with -- they already said the laser wouldn't be enough to take out an Object. Dissemination of the information, even if they didn't act on it, but told their Objects simply to "stand by" and "be prepared for evasion action" would make the plan useless.

..And that's it for now from the top of my head.