View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 20:41   Link #3327
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
Its very small, about 7 inches wide between each bar. Even if its a set of bars running parallel to each other without another one crossing in between them its small. Using a string + weight system here just wouldn't guarantee it going down the well. If there where no strings though she could just slump herself over the well, stretch her arms to the trigger and shoot herself while the rifle already cleared the grate. She would be face down on the well with her arms inside of it though. Pretty easy to guess what could have happen if Battler found her like this.

e- I also dont trust the whole possibility of failure thing with Yasu. The witch that lent her powers was Labda, Witch of Certainty. Certainty doesn't come by chance, you make it happen.
I hate to argue a probably not-terribly-important point, but while eight inches (20cm) isn't very wide (that's the full length of my open hand), , you can fit a fair bit of your arm through bars that far apart. The Mares Leg looking rifle is almost certainly small enough to drop through, easy peasy. She wouldn't even have to have her arms in the well, just a bit of the butt.

In hindsight (since I just zipped to the scene to verify where Shannon was - "right next to the well"), I never actually questioned the positioning of Nanjo and Krauss's corpses (literally, why the hell were they back there?). But that's a question for another thread, I guess.