Thread: Ginga e Kickoff
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 19:40   Link #87
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Don't forget than Masaru was a coach before, and by all accounts seemed to take it seriously - he blamed himself for the injury suffered by his ace. He's also a former J-Leaguer. Perhaps his earlier stint in coaching earned him a reputation as a too-serious coach whose kids didn't play with class. There's no indication that he's relocated, so it's very possible that earlier team was local and the ref might have heard stories.
The ref may have been referring to the coach's previous team. In the subbed version the ref didn't mention the team by name, just "I've heard of your team before, but today I saw it with my own eyes." The ref may have heard of rumors of a team coached by the previously famous Masaru, which is perhaps more likely for something for him to remember than an obscure team named the Predators. I am guessing from his comment that he had never refereed one of their games before.

Nonetheless, from the previews of episode 13, we will get so see more of this ref and perhaps we'll get a better idea of what's bugging him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I thought the ref was implying the Predators, this is a reformed team that uses the same name as they did previously.
But did the previous Predators team have a bad reputations? I don't remember it being mentioned.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote