View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 10:14   Link #2308
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well, you seem to be seen a lot here on this story Keroko, something that I can’t do. Sorry if you like Miura but she is not a rich character no matter how you look at her. She has some hints of a personality and then, as fans, we made up the rest. Because is our take on the character that makes it rich or not. And you might say this applies to all the characters but no, this can be say about most ViVid characters but the ones from previous seasons did had some development, at least some of them.

And I am not wrong about the tournament. It was bring out of nowhere like: “By the way Einhart have you ever hear about this tournament? Is super-awesome and we are going, come with us” you see one thing is us already knowing they are training for it and seeing how this is important and another is just being told so bland about it, like this was just some place they are going. If you want to construct this as something important some foreshadowing is need. Otherwise feels flat when you just say that now they are in a tournament when so far this was just to have fun and be friends with each other.

And no, Vivio “feeling” the defeat is not enough to redeem an overall bland story, why? Because so far this hasn’t been take with any bit of “drama” and now is important? Why wasn’t important before? They were just having fun and getting beat while having fun is not something to be crying up later because you will look more like a crybaby than anything else. You see when you character grows out of a lame and simplistic excuse is not good.

You might think I am just not seeing what you see but I believe you take too serious something that isn’t mean to be serious at all. The story is flat and when tries to construct more it ends on a joke, because how week everything is. The characters are bland, the story is boring and the strongest points from it where the thing about Vivio and Einhart having that blood relationship with the old kings that comes back in play with another character we never hear about until now.

I never say Einhart taking such lights was a good idea but at least makes more sense than Miura because she is the co-protagonist. You might like this kind of stuff but is so not interesting that I can’t buy for one second the “grow” on Vivio’s character because this is just not a serious business as you say it yourself. If this is a slice of life manga then why we still know so little about Vivio? You see ViVid seems to feel like a proper 4th season to the story and not just side material because of all the thing going on it and if you want to focus your story on not really serious stuff then why this crap with tournament and fights that go nowhere?

I’m sorry but I just don’t but this at all. Like I already say, this isn’t a story, this lacks drama and so seeing a character taking it so serious all of the sudden when it hasn’t being a reason for it until that point will look more odd than anything else. If you like the story is fine but I am afraid this is not really what I can call good or even average.